Handmade Postcard Swap -- Hot Air Balloon Card
April of Designs Of Artisan Blog created a Handmade Postcard Swap event last November. I was pretty excited about it since a month before that I just joined Postcrossing (I sent ready-made postcards for that though). Snail mail is still the best. Most especially if they are handmade. I'm thankful for those people who still find meaning in snail mails! :) We have to make two postcards for two people and we'll receive two from them as well. Although I am not so artsy enough, I managed to create something handmade. I wanted to paint but the idea of making a design made up of cut outs would be lovely (also because I suck at painting, haha). So, I decided to create a hot air balloon-inspired card for Rochelle and Aya. Also, at the back of the postcard, I wrote a haiku about hot air balloons. Slowly going high up across the sunny sky. Watch birds travel by. I hope someday I could ride in a hot air balloon and watch over the world like a boss. :p ...
In old songs, there are many things that you might need at any moment. I really enjoyed your rendition :)
ReplyDeleteI agree. Also, there's something about the oldies that make my heart feel a little lighter. Maybe because most of them (at least, those I listen to) are composed of beautifully-written lyrics. Thank you, Olga :)
ReplyDeleteThis was one of my favorites too! It was one of the first ones I learned to play on the guitar. Thanks for the memories!
ReplyDeleteI love oldies too and you did a pretty awesome job!
ReplyDeleteWow, I would love to hear you play it with guitar! I don't know much about plucking so you must be good at it. :D
ReplyDeleteThank you, Arielle. Hihi <3
Great job! I'd love to be able to play the piano! What a gift!
ReplyDeleteAs I said, I am not really good at it but even so I thank for this little gift -- that I am able to play some music. Thank you :)
ReplyDelete