Handmade Postcard Swap -- Hot Air Balloon Card
April of Designs Of Artisan Blog created a Handmade Postcard Swap event last November. I was pretty excited about it since a month before that I just joined Postcrossing (I sent ready-made postcards for that though). Snail mail is still the best. Most especially if they are handmade. I'm thankful for those people who still find meaning in snail mails! :) We have to make two postcards for two people and we'll receive two from them as well. Although I am not so artsy enough, I managed to create something handmade. I wanted to paint but the idea of making a design made up of cut outs would be lovely (also because I suck at painting, haha). So, I decided to create a hot air balloon-inspired card for Rochelle and Aya. Also, at the back of the postcard, I wrote a haiku about hot air balloons. Slowly going high up across the sunny sky. Watch birds travel by. I hope someday I could ride in a hot air balloon and watch over the world like a boss. :p ...


Beautiful photos! Crescent moons are so pretty.
ReplyDeletePretty, indeed. Thank you, Kyla :)
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! I love the moon... and star gazing!! xo!
ReplyDeletebeautiful! :]
ReplyDeleteI'm not 100% sure because I didn't see it live but I don't think this is a star. This is planet Venus. It's very bright in may. The sky is a bit different from here (France) so I can't be sure for Philippines. And I'm not an astronomer :p
ReplyDeleteWith eyes only, you can see Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn. With good eyes, you can see the color of the planet. If you want to see better, binoculars are very fine(use with tripod if possible), cheaper than buying a telescope.
Tip for making the difference between star and planet: a star is twinkling, a planet is not.
Ok, now I let you go out and enjoy the sky :D
Yeah, maybe you're right. It wasn't a star after all because it wasn't twinkling. My bad.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Yanyan :)