The thrill in knowing you still have something to smile about even if most of the things that surround you make you frown. It's Christmas! Merry Christmas, internet. :')
April of Designs Of Artisan Blog created a Handmade Postcard Swap event last November. I was pretty excited about it since a month before that I just joined Postcrossing (I sent ready-made postcards for that though). Snail mail is still the best. Most especially if they are handmade. I'm thankful for those people who still find meaning in snail mails! :) We have to make two postcards for two people and we'll receive two from them as well. Although I am not so artsy enough, I managed to create something handmade. I wanted to paint but the idea of making a design made up of cut outs would be lovely (also because I suck at painting, haha). So, I decided to create a hot air balloon-inspired card for Rochelle and Aya. Also, at the back of the postcard, I wrote a haiku about hot air balloons. Slowly going high up across the sunny sky. Watch birds travel by. I hope someday I could ride in a hot air balloon and watch over the world like a boss. :p ...
At 20, I thought that life will be easier to live; that I have experienced enough to face problems on my own. I thought all my choices are going to be all right. I thought that I can do everything I want because I am technically not a teenager anymore; no one could stop me from all my choices . So I spent days outside the city mostly, going to other places within the region, going to friends' houses and eat/drink a lot, many nights were spent at the beach and many days ended up not able to talk because I drank too much alcohol. It was fun. Everything were all I ever wanted. I planned summer outings and even regular days and nights whenever there are no classes or there's a holiday. I enjoyed everything I did. I loved every single bit of it . It was perfect. At 21, I admit that I was undecided but just fine. I was puzzled and suddenly I became focused on other things. It was a year of realizations for me. Realizations on life in general and then going through each bit of ...
How amazing it is to realize that over the years, the little things that I've done make up the big things that I at least consider. For other people, I may not have done enough but then I don't live up to someone's standards anymore. (I used to and it's ugly). I'm thankful that I have documented almost everything in life. Some things don't change but I'm glad most things do. Oh life , you are like a plain sky to me at times but whenever I look back to all the days I've lived, you showed me the brightest rainbow in the sky. I will do more little things, step by step. And so, when I look back again, I am sure it's going to be bigger than what I consider now. It's inspiring; it's addictive to live life simply but progressively. So I will go on and on until my last days. We only live once , so we might as well do things right.
I wish you new discoveries in the new year. I`m so glad that, this year, our blogs have found each other in the blogosphere :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Olga. I am also glad that my blog met yours! :D You're such a nice person for leaving comments on my posts! Happy holidays! :)
ReplyDeleteIt is a pleasure. You are very interesting, thoughtful and creative girl.
ReplyDeleteWow. That means a lot to me! Thank you!!
ReplyDelete