May 7, 2021

The Friday Currently Vol. 14: Moving to a new place

Almost empty room? Not really Haha

Wow, it's been three months since I've sat and decided to write something here. A lot has happened since. I guess the first that I would like to remember is the time when I moved houses by the end of March. I wanted to change my routine, pace, and environment so I thought of moving to a new place.

I have been wanting to get my own studio but I realized that it is not something that I need for now. I think I visited three or more studios and talked to different agents but I always end up asking myself if I need it? And then I end up realizing that I don't because if I really do, I would not unconsciously ask myself so. So I looked for a flat that I can share with one or two people only. And I found it not far from where I lived previously - it is fifteen minutes away from the metro station. When I first visited the place, I instantly wanted it so much not only because of the bigger space but also the other two people living there felt warm. The building was a hotel apartment and they just made it into a residential building (I guess because of the pandemic - fewer travelers) and so everything here is new. I thought I was lucky to find the place and so I decided to move in two weeks later. 

It has been a month of living here and it feels so cozy already. My headspace feels lighter and when I remember how my headspace was, I can really say it's much much better. I guess it is because I get to walk five minutes more in my commute? I know, it seems weird for me to think about it but maybe walking gives me more time to think? 

Lately, since I moved in, I am all about plants. So I started to tend some plants in my room. So, currently, I have:

  • A pothos plant from two of my flatmates 
  • Two tomato seedlings from my family - Ate Aking and Kuya Mel 
  • One lettuce plant which was a scrap from last week that I am trying to grow in water (hydroponically?)

I am planning to add more plants soon - maybe some mint, basil, etc. 

Last night, I finished the green tea that Aurelien and I bought in Lille back in 2018. I savoured it too much and I am sure that I am going to miss its taste - it has some flowers in it so it is not like any other green tea available in the market here. I wonder when will I ever going to visit Lille again - I hope soon! Anyway, it is time to drink the Christmas tea that Aurelien gave me when we were in Vietnam in 2019. I am so excited about it and looking forward to having slow nights (after a busy day at work) with it :)

A few days ago I spent some time catching up with family and friends online - made me realize that it has been too long since I met them back in the Philippines. When will I ever get to ly back home? I really wish this pandemic will end very soon. 

Anyways, for now, all I can do is enjoy life amidst the restrictions with whatever I have and be grateful for all things that keep me grounded and helps me survive this crisis. There are so many things to be grateful for. 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment