May 25, 2023

Life Lately | 11

Good morning. I am awake around 4:30ish and I couldn't get back to sleep. So im just drinking hot water and sitting next to the window waiting for the sun to shine. I am listening to old songs that I used to hear around this time back home in Davao and I realize how much I miss these slow-and-easy early bird moments. Except that I am not hearing any soft waves from the sea. I miss the fresh air back home. Anyway, the world seems so silent right now - and I love it. I don't know why I can't go back to sleep. How strange. It's probably the Advil I took last night. Or maybe my body just wants to have a me time to relax but not sleep because there are too many things in my head when I am asleep (I kept waking up in between during the night). It's probably my body telling me to take a pause from the endless list of things that I like (or not necessarily) doing. So I will enjoy this time - this silent time - the silent mind . . . before it runs on the treadmill again.

No comments:

Post a Comment