February 19, 2021

The Friday Currently Vol. 12


I am winding down today with a cup of Lemon and Lime Twist tea. Honestly, I did not do much today and it's okay because it's the weekend. I was mostly in bed tinkering on my phone and watching movies: Old Guard and Earwig and the Witch. I told Eileen that I had random videos on Youtube for breakfast, Old Guard for lunch, and Earwig and the Witch (a Ghibli film) for afternoon snacks. It felt just right. There are days like this - and I am okay with it. 😁

To practice mindfulness today, I did it through scrapbooking. It's one of my favorite activities because I get to see things from my travels, photos, some little things that remind me of certain memories, and put them all onto my scrapbook. I love remembering those memories... they always feel golden for some reason. I still got lots of items to work on for my future scrapbooking activity aka days when I need to restructure my messy brain. 

And to add to the slow day that I have, I did some self-care stuff such as putting on a matcha facial mask, mani-pedi, foot scrub... it just feels good to do these! I have also had an hour of catch-up call with my sister Rachel and her husband Melbert over the phone. They spent the whole day fishing in Abu Dhabi today but only got a "helicopter" fish. It's a funny story; I hope next time they would catch more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment