January 15, 2021

The perfect twenty-five days


Those twenty-five days with you
were the best gifts that I could ask for last year.
It was a year full of uncertainties for everyone
but there you were - 
making sure we start and end 
the crazy year together.
The moment I saw you at the airport
was the moment I knew that
my day-to-day routine will end.
And those perfect days
were ahead, for sure.

Those twenty-five days with you
were the most eventful days of last year.
Afternoon walks at the beach or around the lake,
along highways and streets,
sunset views, twilight times, fireworks, 
movies, food - mostly sweets, 
teas, snails, and broccoli,
Christmas and new year celebrations,
painting, reading, and shopping,
driving across emirates, barbecuing
stargazing, getting lost...
living life with you 
did not have to be perfect 
but they were. 

Simply because we just let it be. 
Thank you for spending those twenty-five days with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment